[OM] 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back...

Subject: [OM] 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back...
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 15:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
Knowing that there are quite a number of old OM shooters here, consider this a
warning. OK, past OM shooters, some may not be old.

A video (there's your first warning) on Peta Pixel today, where a
photographer/just average guy/fool test "vintage" 50mm lenses on a Fuji
digital. Consider this a warning, it's twenty minutes long, and there's about 0
minutes of usable information on it, along with some troubling conclusions, and
a total lack of production values. There's also a strangely good thing, though.

The , as the youngsters call it, takeaway is this: his "testing" is subjective
to the extreme and there is no objectivity. I remain still unclear about what
his purpose was, other than to generate clicks. He tests a couple of dozen
fifties from many makers with good to great reputations. The final conclusion
was the Nikkor 50/1.4 was king (really a legend) but the first runner up was
the 50/1.8 Zuiko! He liked it but it was severely downgraded because the
aperture ring clicks were "too loud and makes the lens sound cheap." He says
that otherwise it would have been #1.

I'l let you be the judge, but don't blame me if you feel foolish for watching
it.