Re: [OM] GAS Relief! [was Noventus--new cure for GAS]

Subject: Re: [OM] GAS Relief! [was Noventus--new cure for GAS]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2019 20:50:41 -0700

<<I'll just let y'all look at the photos for the moment.
<<<https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjdsgFgZdbrZk9yL6>

<<More about the camera anon.

Curious about your color space work flow.  Back in the day was always easier to
keep everything in sRGB as recommended on the list especially Chuck et al. .

You can't regain what you throw away. (Well, you can start over, but that's a
pain.)

aRGB and Raw set in camera. Raw conversion to ProPhoto. All work done in
ProPhoto, Convert to sRGB for the web.

For a while, fairly recently, I was putting aRGB JPEGs on the web, but ran into
trouble with a couple, so I stepped back.

  Even phones have wider gamuts now but websites/browsers remain an issue.
Smugmug for example still insists on sRGB  or will convert it in the upload
with deleterious consequences.  I had a PS action to convert and prevent
clipping but was too much work to fix other issues.  Would like to have a wider
gamut Tiff for the very occasional tiff for printing but not sure how to do
that.

Work flow above.

Chuck was wrong about that. As are those who say JPEGs are fine. I shot the first round of zS200 shots in JPEG & Raw, as I usually do with a new camera. The JPEGs were never better, some worse. Once you are there, sans Raw, there's no way back.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Story Time Moose