Re: [OM] Zuiko manual lens options for Sony A7

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko manual lens options for Sony A7
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 02:28:25 -0700
On 8/11/2019 7:13 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Brian,

I ran into a situation like that with one of my first adapters, where the adapter was just too thick to allow me to get to infinity.  This was a threaded adapter, and I simply polished the surface with emery paper on a flat surface until I got it right.

The third party folks don't always get it right, although you'd think they would get the basic stuff right. I bought a Beschoi Pro OM=>Sony E adapter.

I'd been using a combo of  combo of OM=>EOS and EOS=>E, which is fine at infinity. I think I wanted the OM=>EOS for something else, so I bought the direct  OM=>Sony E.

As I was intending to do some astrophotography, I wanted to be able to simple focus to the stop for infinity. So I checked. All the OM lenses I tried focused to infinity before the marking and stop! Compared it to the OM=>EOS and EOS=>E I'd used before, it's 0.3mm shorter!

Bought a Fotasy adapter, same length as the combo, infinity just as it should
be, and returned the Beschoi Pro.

So, Brian, if you don't want to try to shorten it yourself, Fotasy is another
brand that works.