[OM] IMG: E-M1 with Manual Focus Lens

Subject: [OM] IMG: E-M1 with Manual Focus Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 22:02:24 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Interesting lens.  I bet it will be useful.  First introduced in 1975 and came
in OM mount.  I would bet some listees know of it.  It is the same as the
Tokina RMC and made by Tokina; 8 elements in 7 groups, 8 aperture blades.
I think it was fairly high end at the time.  The rendering from images I could
find look nice with decent bokeh.   The corners could be better.  The exposure
aperture often not specified though,  and likely needs to be stopped down to
sharpen up the corners like most lenses of the time.
I suspect the Zuiko 35/2 is a tad better, but I don't know for a fact. Using it
on the E-M1 is whole different kettle of fish though as the corner issue may be
moot and rendering qualities difficult to predict from FF evaluations.

Mike