Re: [OM] Banned Photo

Subject: Re: [OM] Banned Photo
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 05:57:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Same here.  Together with friends and relatives, I have a number of
interests, both outdoor and indoor.  Facebook and email reflectors are
important assets for joining interest groups and sharing useful information.
They are also sources for aggravation, but the Facebook blocking and EarthLink
spam filter takes care of those.

>It is easy to make fun or complain about Facebook, but for me it is an
>indispensable tool for daily life. My daughter lives here in Alicante but
>not with us; my son lives in New Jersey; I am in frequent contact with my
>sister in Poland, my uncle in Florida, my cousins in California, other
>cousins in Israel, France and Belgium, not to mention friends all over
>the world…you get the idea. In our case, Facebook helps keep an
>intercontinental family together to a degree that we could not even dream
>about in the bad old days with just telephone and letters. I still
>remember when I went to the US for a year in 1979; my main contact with
>my parents back in Denmark was a weekly, brief phone call, a luxury on an
>exchange student’s budget. I will take Facebook over that any time, warts
>and all.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson