Re: [OM] IMG: E-M1 with Soligar CD 35/2 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: E-M1 with Soligar CD 35/2 Lens
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2019 08:35:35 -0400
<christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      'Way back in the days of yore, Volkswagen had an "automatic stick
> shift", which was basically a manual transmission without a clutch.  It was
> not popular and only survived a year or so in production.

Some current Honda cars & bikes (& for all I know other brands) have
what seems to me a fine solution.

Most transmissions have one gear chain & either one clutch or one
torque converter. These have two chains, one for odd-numbered gears &
one for even, & two clutches. When you shift, the unloaded chain gets
set up in the new gear then the clutches simultaneously engage that
chain & disengage the other.