Re: [OM] Massacre!

Subject: Re: [OM] Massacre!
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:59:06 -0700
Yes, you are right....or left as you turn left after coming up Glen Etive. :) Go a short ways west. At the Meeting of Waters at the head of Glen Coe. So not actually River Coe. Not  Coire Gabhail and Geárr Aonach. Robin and I hiked up there in 2014. <https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/maps/map2_11fw.shtml>

So it would be Beinn Fhada right (also shown as Buachaille Etive Beag) and Buachaille Etive Mor left. So somewhere near here: <https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=56.663614,-4.905567&zoom=13&basemap=ESRI_topographic>

Looking down to the East. You were in the glen near the right side of this photo. <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Scotland/LostValley0623_DxO.jpg>

I have photos from that same spot as in your photo and will try to dig them up. You can compare side-by-side.

Mike

Mike
I’ve had another look at the map and it’s not as far as Glen Etive.  I had
driven down that Glen before returning to the main road to continue west along
Glen Coe.

Perhaps the photo is of the Coire Gabhail, between Geárr Aonach (right) and
Beinn Fhada (left), with the River Coe not quite visible in the foreground
running across the shot.

It’s interesting that it’s so difficult to pinpoint.

Chris