Re: [OM] Back in the Fold

Subject: Re: [OM] Back in the Fold
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 22:47:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<The camera isn't perfect, but it is what I need right now. Even if I
<<get a super-duper OM-1MD (or equivalent), I think the GX85 will make a
<<nice backup camera and will always have a home in my computer bag.
<<It's very small. It's very lightweight. And it takes really good
<<pictures.

Yep, will take very nice  images with you in the drivers seat, as almost any
cam would.  Borrowed Maestro Moose's GX 85 for hiking 10-15mi day in the
Dolomites along with my GM-5.  It worked well and was a joy to not have as much
to carry.
Marnie was accustomed to my optional large eyecup on the E-M1 Mk2 and we were
both modestly bothered by the stock eyecup.  The GX-9 is only a tad larger and
has an option for a larger eyecup that might be able to be
surgerized for the GX-85.  It leaves a few megapickles on the table compared to
the GX-9  but has focus bracketing and pairs very nicely with the PL 12-60 and
can do the Dual IS trick.  The A7rIII  is perhaps a better digital back for OM
Z lenses  and is not a large cam, but a bunch more dosh .  The price should be
falling substantially with the IV coming out soon--it is available for
preorder now.  It is difficult to fathom that there is still no lossless
compressed RAW with >60 megapickles.

Mike