Re: [OM] Telephoto reach, was Re: Back in the Fold

Subject: Re: [OM] Telephoto reach, was Re: Back in the Fold
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 06:29:48 +0100
I’d say, without a great deal of knowledge, that the Mustang was a heavier
machine with longer legs.  The Spitfire and Hurricane were probably more agile,
not quite as fast and with a shorter range.

I’ve just found a pretty useful comparison on this website:
https://www.aerotoons.com/blog/spitfire_vs_mustang.html

It doesn’t mention turn performance, except for Eric Brown’s summary, but it
does mention the much higher max AUW of the Mustang.

Of course I’d love a go in either . . .

Chris