Re: [OM] Ah, you found me.

Subject: Re: [OM] Ah, you found me.
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 08:17:12 +0200
Op di 27 aug. 2019 om 18:48 schreef Ian Nichols

> I thought about trying that, and might yet if they're still alive next time
>  I go there.  Seemed a bit unlikely they'd stay put long enough though,
> and
> they were hand-held so likely to suffer as a result of wobbly photographer
>  syndrome.

I have used the internal stacking option of the e-m1 several times
hand-held and I found it reasonable forgivable for that.

But then my standards are obviously not on a Moose level ;-)

> > One thing you may know is that, like some flutterbys and hummingbirds, they
> tend to find a perch they like and return to
> > it, over and over. So, one may set up on that spot, and be ready.
>
> I had noticed that, and also that they seem to pick the same spots to hover
>  in for a couple of seconds at a time.

One of the advantages of live view camera's with a movable back lcd is that
you can use them with your arm stretched and still have an idea of what you
are shooting, while making yourself as little as possible. A great way to
approach a dragonfly, while continuously (well, you get the point) making
pictures as you approach. When the dragonfly flies away, you stay where you
are, and the dragonfly will usually return (you have become part of the
environment). Then, advance again very slowly while shooting, etc. In my
experience, that works well.

Frank