Re: [OM] GPS Trackers [was Massacre!]

Subject: Re: [OM] GPS Trackers [was Massacre!]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 23:19:22 -0800
> The one I use, Open GPX Tracker, doesn't do much but make GPX tracks, which
> is all I need. I should say that I only use
> it casually. When out PHOTOGRAPHING, I use a Garmin Foretrex 401. Not much
> better in open places, a little more accurate
> than the GPS stuff in my phone, but WAY better under tree cover, etc.

I'm using the Garmin 64st. Works very well under just about anything.

I'm in Valdez for a couple of days. I wondered how it would do on the
Richardson Highway, just north of Thompson Pass. This spot is
notorious for screwing up GPS. For a couple of miles, it will actually
show you moving to the north-east when you are actually traveling
south-west. The 64st did very well, but the margin of error went from
11 feet to over 30 feet.

AK Schnozz