Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 22:14:56 -0700
Agree with almost everything based on about 10 days of daily use.  #11 issue
drove me a bit batty.  I do not think there is a menu setting to lock the focus
point, but can turn the touch feature totally off.  Not the best trade.

There is a solution, although perhaps not obvious, at least not to me:

Menu=>Operation=>Touch Settings
   Touch Screen = On
   Touch Tab = On
   Touch AF = AF
   Touch Pad = Off

On the middle Touch Tab, on the right side of the screen, the second Icon
control:
Choose the icon with a white hand/finger with an "X" next to it.

Other touch operations will work. Touching the screen will not move the AF
point.

Touchy Moose