Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 21:04:36 -0700
<<Here's the visual version of how they work. The reason "Touch Tab" must be on is so you can use
the touch tab labeled with "<".
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Panny_Touch_Screen/Panny_Tabs.htm>

<<This may be a significant reason for some folks to chose a GX9 over GX85.
Well,
<<<there are a couple of others . . .

Thanks for the illustration.  It is disappointing about the lack of ability to
turn touch AF off w/o turning the touch screen totally off.  It would be nice
to add that with a firmware update, but don't see that happening.

Seems quite unlikely. I'd bet that, once the firmware is baked and the hardware batch made, attention turns fully to the next model in the sequence. These cameras that I've chosen are not their premier models, although their best, to my mind. :-) With their new, FF, S-mount series, that's even more true.

I obviously didn't have the cam anymore to check but still have the manual on
my phone.  On the plus side, I did get a couple better images inadvertently due
to schnozz focus.

On a warm day, walking around Manzanita Lake, in Lassen NP, my thin shirt got wet with sweat. The E-PLwhatever camera I was carrying kept taking pix when hanging against me. I turned the touch screen off. Had I known it was doing a pretty good, job, I might have left the screen on. :-)

A nose for hyperfocal distance, Mike

Who Nose Moose