Re: [OM] Well, that sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, that sucks
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 12:12:49 -0700
On 9/10/2019 11:06 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
OK, I'm confused. Panasonic still has it listed as a current model...

Oh. Now that I look, the review is from 2014! Dang. Nope - don't want
anything that old. Strange that Panny still lists it as current.

The way it works is that they (virtually every maker of most stuff) project sales through the planned release of the next model, then make a single batch. If sales are lower than plan, they keep selling them as long as they can. The OM-4T(i) was an early example, with New-Old-Stock being sold for many years after manufacture had ended.

They liked the viewfinder a lot more than the G95's which they said was
more or less adequate.

Very personal. I'm highly EVF agnostic; I just don't notice if they are crappy
to others.

For my way of shooting, I much prefer the SLR-style body, especially with
the extra battery grip for verticals. I've tried the Leica-ish body styles,
and don't like the way they feel as much.

Again, I'm possibly weird. I don't care about style, but do care, a lot, about size and weight. For some time, I shot an SLR style E-M5 I together with a Rangefinder style Panny GX7. Both hanging around my neck at the same time, with different lenses, swapping back and forth.

I'm in the early stages - I have a lot more research. I may just pony up
for the flat-rate repair on the E-M5 to buy myself some more time and give
myself a spare backup body.

You can get a new G85 for less than $450. Better or worse as interim/back-up?

Choices, Choices Moose