Re: [OM] Well, that sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, that sucks
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:04:06 -0500
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>

After spending several days looking at DPReview and a dozen other
review/comparison sites, my brain is actually leaking out my ears.
Permit me to be presumptuous, but have you actually *held* either camera?
Now that I think about it, I have held the E-M1. I forgot a wedding photographer buddy has one, and I did play with it briefly. I liked the way it felt, and the controls seemed  to be in the right places.

After discussing it with him more, I'm really starting to consider that direction. The features are great, I like the fact that it has both phase and contrast AF, and the 3.0 firmware gives it a bunch of toys.

Almost every review of the G-95 focuses (ha!) on the video aspect of it, and kinda waves at still photography. Still photography is my main thing, so the fact that the E-M1 ii really concentrates on that is a plus.

I am going to keep watching my emails and the Oly refurb store. About a month ago you could pick up a refurbed body for $999. That's definitely in the budget and leaves money for the battery grip. I believe I've made my decision.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Amateur Radio Newsline Anchor