[OM] IMG: The Big Display Tent Comes Down

Subject: [OM] IMG: The Big Display Tent Comes Down
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 20:22:42 -0500
The final Regional Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Fly-In was held locally on Friday and Saturday, with visiting aircraft parked on both sides of a mile-long runway, and visitors bussed from parking lots to the display area all day long for two days. Most visitors were gone by late Sunday afternoon.  At the end of today (Monday), the most obvious thing remaining is the roof and metal structure of the main display tent.  Also around are some extra fuel trucks that were brought in for the occasion.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190916-DSCF7363.JPG.html

As I watched the sun settling in the west, I spoke to a young fellow standing at the gate, asking him if the pilot making takeoffs and landings had just soloed.  His response was, "That's my wife!".

I couldn't help but recall how it felt, over 60 years ago, when I soloed at the same airport.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA