Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:27:42 -0500
That is a beautiful environment, Chris.  There are beautiful oaks in parts of the South, especially the Live Oaks near the gulf coast and in Florida.  Sadly, the area I reside in was known to the early settlers as "The Barrens", where bison kept the forests suppressed and the ground was covered in grass.  The trees we have were not established until the bison were driven out or killed, hence are late arrivals on the scene.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA