Re: [OM] IMG: The Bone Yard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Bone Yard
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:16:57 -0400 (EDT)
The 200 is an older version of the top of the line. The 350 is the hottest
corporate turboprop out there. Akk the King airs are noted for their
suitability for shorter stage lengths, suitability for unimproved fields, and
low cost of operation. And they have a reputation for being built like a tank.
The 200 and 350 both have T tails. the 90 is the smallest and oldest of all.
The 90 was an outgrwoth of the QueenAir, an early pressurized piston twin that
was fitted with a pair of PT6's. The 90 has been made better in many ways over
the years, and is good for smaller needs. The 90 is distinguished by its
conventional tail.

In other words, there are a whole lot of them out there.

And don't forget the 1900, a stretched and blown up King Air that served as a
19 passenger airliner when those were common. It wasn't the best, but it sure
beat a Swearingen Metro.

And I am in no way associated with the aircraft or it's manufacturer in any
way, just standing up for the home boy.