[OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 37: Bratislava and some bad weather at home

Subject: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 37: Bratislava and some bad weather at home
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 08:18:28 +0200
The second week of September was marked by another trip, this time to
Bratislava. It turned out to be a very interesting city, and I really enjoyed
exploring it for the first time. I have posted a gallery on my frozenlight.eu
site, but as usual, I saved some images, especially of people, for the weekly
blog.

While I was in Slovakia, a fairly serious storm hit Spain’s Mediterranean
coast. Every autumn, we get a weather phenomenon called “gota fría”, or “cold
drop”—a mass of cold air from the north comes down, meets the warm air over the
sea, and torrential rain results. In general, rain is useful, since we can go
2-3 months in the summer without it, but this time it was way too much water
(and wind). There was widespread flooding and several fatalities, and while my
wife and I got lucky—we live just north of Alicante, and our area was not so
badly affected—some people I know south of city have suffered a lot and some
have lost everything. I took some pictures on the beach of the aftermath,
nothing particularly dramatic but one can see that there had been serious
weather.

It is all here:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=2642

Nathan