Re: [OM] IMG: Color Cycle Begins

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Color Cycle Begins
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 23:20:08 -0400
On 9/28/2019 5:07 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Like everyone else, I can't resist a sale.  B&H had a special on the snapshot lens for my E-M1, so I ordered it.  It's a 20mm f/1.7 Panasonic AF, for a 40mm FF equivalent.  It arrived this afternoon, so I had to be sure it worked.  It provides a very compact package, and I think I will enjoy it.

One of Panny's earliest MFT lenses. Many folks like the rendering. Another group, with some overlap, complain about the slow AF. The current version is identical to the original, but for styling.

I've had one for a long time. My only negative has been banding in deepest shadows, if pulled up, on Oly bodies. I don't know if that's true for more recent bodies.

I looked around the yard and noticed that red leaves are just beginning to show up in the Red Maple.  It is always totally red on Halloween.  With our drought, it may be early this year.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190928-P9280452.JPG.html

Nice beginning.

We've encountered lot's of color, reds, yellows and oranges, some really bright . Not in masses so far, and we're now working our way south. We had a visit and dinner today with a friend who just came down from Moosehead, where she says the colors are changing rapidly

New England Moose