Re: [OM] OT: Filters, might concern some of you.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Filters, might concern some of you.
From: <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 09:19:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Other than convenience, I see little advantage to these, and they are
horribly expensive when compare with traditional screw-on Tiffen and Hoya
filters.

     There are slip-on holders for gelatin filters, but those are even more
expensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slip-On-Gelatin-Holder-and-Filter-Mount-for-70mm-71mm-Outside-Diameter-Lenses/111276873682?hash=item19e89e57d2:g:~lMAAMXQlgtS-PYE

     What would be practical would be a ring that clamps to the outside or
inside of the lens accessory ring that you could screw filters into.  Leica
made something like that which clamped to the outside of the lens:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-E-Leitz-0-Black-Filter-Holder-Clamp-On-Adapter-Ring-No-Glass-OEM/303202216318?hash=item469842a97e:g:1b0AAOSwp-9dErD1

>Didn’t know these clip-on filters existed. Once « safely » in place you can
>use it/them with different lenses, cool!
>
>https://shop.stcoptics.com/product-category/protector/
><https://shop.stcoptics.com/product-category/protector/>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson