Re: [OM] IMG: Ole

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Ole
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 11:18:42 -0700
Nice portrait. Our stop at a Maasi camp was one of the highlights of our
safari. Had our then 13 year-old grandson, Alex, with us. The Maasai
gentleman giving the talk about Maasai life suggested to him, in front of
everyone including some young Maasai women sitting nearby, that he might
like to spend a year living with the Maasai.

His offer was probably not helped by his description of their coming of age
rituals, which include circumcision. About which his grandmother
stage-whispered to Alex, "At least that's already done, in your case." That
was followed by a description of how owning cattle was part of what a young
Maasai man must accomplish before he could marry. The Maasai gentleman's
next statement, directly to Alex? "A year is not long, and don't worry,
young man, we'll give you some cattle."

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PESO:
>
> I'm almost finished with the Africa scans:
>
> https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169832205
>
> Just in time to head to Honduras on Wednesday.  My friend there has
> arranged for me to visit some villages and photograph families, but the
> group I am going with has said no!  They need me to translate.  I am hoping
> I have time between interpreting for the mayor and president of Honduras to
> photograph some families.  We'll see.
>
> Keep me in your prayers or whatever you do when you think of friends.  ;-)
>
> Tina
>
> --
> Tina Manley
> www.tinamanley.com