[OM] IMG: Oktoberfest, the full gallery (and with no garish colours)

Subject: [OM] IMG: Oktoberfest, the full gallery (and with no garish colours)
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 07:21:21 +0200
I was at Munich’s Oktoberfest for a couple of hours on Monday night. The event
is easy to photograph in one sense—it is easy to find subjects, most of the
time people do not mind being photographed—but the subsequent post-processing
is a real challenge because of the mix of light of various colours. It is
especially difficult to get the skin tones right in many cases. The obvious
solution: show the event in black & white. What is important in the photos are
the expressions of the people, the colours are secondary in my opinion. So here
are 39 images of people having fun, for the most part. One of my comments on
Facebook was that I do not recall being in one place with thousands of more or
less drunk people who are behaving so peacefully. In the two hours of walking
around, I did not see a single fight or anything even approaching one. Last
call is early, at 10:30 pm (although one must consider that the start is early
as well), and everyone heads to the U-Bahn or S-Bahn and takes the train home,
assuming they remember the station at which they need to get off :-)

https://www.greatpix.eu/Oktoberfest-2019/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain