Re: [OM] Topaz Studio 2 artistic explorations

Subject: Re: [OM] Topaz Studio 2 artistic explorations
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 14:11:34 -0400 (EDT)
Jan, Jan,

You have been trying yto come up with an argumentfor a long time, I can tell.

There is no comparison. A chainsaw is a tool that is controlled and operated by
a person. By your point, I would say that a painting done with a brush is
unsuitable and should only be done with fingers. I own art make by a real
artist with a computer, and have no objection to it, but I know they would only
do what they do by their own hands rather that using automated functions. Hook
it up to a robot and I would call it a different thing. Same thing with Mt.
Rushmore. There are other examples of artists that have assistants that do some
of the heavy lifting, Dale Chihuly for example. And to be honest, I know of
several museum professionals that have problems with that.
I think folks that use prefab actions are just plain lazy, and perhaps not all
that creative. And I don't think the guys with the jackhammers were making fine
tuning adjustments to improve the faces. They were just following orders and
trying to get it done without falling to their death and making a living.

But if you wish to take the lazy mans way out, that's your choice.