Re: [OM] Summer to fall

Subject: Re: [OM] Summer to fall
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 22:34:48 -0800
> There are different annual recreation permits for county, state, and
> federal land, leading to much confusion.  One thing is certain: Wherever
> you go, you have to pay just to take a walk in the woods.
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/48856643388/in/dateposted-public/>

What amazing mixed messages we give. It's important to get people
outdoors and walking. But, sorry, we are going to charge you to go
walking.

I'm glad we don't have that stupidity up in Alaska quite yet. It's
coming, but not here yet. The Anchorage city council is quite enamored
with Portland, so it's just a matter of time.

AK Schnozz