Re: [OM] Adapters R Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Adapters R Us
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:26:24 -0800
The Olympus MMF-3 adapter arrived safe and sound. First thing I did
was put the 300/4.5 with 1.4x teleconverter on the GX85 and cackled at
the audacity of it all.

The stacked adapters (OM-E and MMF-3) work great. Zero issues.
However, the old OM-E adapter is like the same weight as the MMF-3
even though it's half the size.

I tried the Four-Thirds 14-45 kit lens on the GX85. It works pretty
well. The AF isn't quite as fast as the native Lumix lenses, but it
does OK and it does satisfy my occasional requirement for a functional
manual focus ring. Not something that I'll use often, but it does give
me options. I'll do a compare of the 45-150 lenses.

As I just acquired the 25/1.7 lens, and I plan on getting the 15/1.7
at some point, the need for a focal-length reducer is minimized. The
25/1.7 does really well (REALLY REALLY well for 99 bucks), so the
normal OM Zuikos don't have much of any benefit. Although, the 35/2 is
really fun. The 35-80/2.8 also works really well on the GX85, but
weight and balance is dreadful. The 100/2 is also nearly horrid in the
weight and balance discussion, but the bokeh makes it worthwhile. The
200/4 is remarkably comfortable, though.

Anyway, the MMF-3 is a keeper.

I have no idea where I'll end up in the next year or two with digital
cameras. It's always nice to have options, though.

AK Schnozz