Re: [OM] Gloucester Schooner Festival

Subject: Re: [OM] Gloucester Schooner Festival
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 20:01:51 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Very nice. I notice some are rigged for topsails, but none flying them. Some
are wearing them on the web site. I wonder if they were broken out for the race.

Excellent eye on the rigging---missed that.  We were there very early while
many were just hoisting the sails so they may have waited until later.  The air
was light so would seem inadvisable to surrender sail area, but I don't know.
We just stayed for the parade of the schooners and that have been overkill, but
would have added to the aesthetics.

Salty Mike