[OM] IMG: The Little Lens That Could

Subject: [OM] IMG: The Little Lens That Could
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:13:36 -0500
As we mix and match gear these days, I continue to post to both the LUG and the OM galleries.  These are of probably of more interest to my OM friends.

I recently acquired a first generation (?) Micro 4/3 camera body to support my collection of Olympus lenses.  I was so impressed with the small size and weight of this camera that I decided I needed a small lens to match it.  I did some research and decided to go with the Panasonic Lumix 20mm/1.7 Asph.  It lives up to its reputation.  Here are a few examples:

An image shot from the ground, showing details in a cropped image.  They are replacing the 60 yr old pole I pictured sometime earlier.  To me, details are impressive.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090465.JPG.html

Bokeh in a Fall Colors shot, wide open.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090475.JPG.html

One of several pencil drawings by the late Don Northcutt that grace my walls.  This is an early Swiss round barn that existed in a community south of us fifty years ago, and is framed in barn wood.  It was shot on the wall with room light.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20191009-PA090480.JPG.html

I am quite impressed with it for general use.

All are best viewed LARGE.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA