Re: [OM] OT: Sales Tax

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Sales Tax
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 11:21:10 -0800
> If it wasn't for all that who would live there?

18 months of winter every year.

My wife commented this morning that it's so nice not having all the
spiders here that were almost apocalyptic in Iowa. No snakes either.
That's very important for a lot of my hiking as sometimes you have to
cross a slide area with boulders.

The things which are MUCH more expensive here are mostly gas and food
items. It's also hard to get affordable fresh produce that isn't
end-of-life. Fortunately, anything coming from Hawaii and Mexico is
usually fresh (straight off of the airplane), but everywhere else is
staged in the lower-48 and put on the RORO where it gets an ocean
cruise for a few extra days.

Vehicles either last a really long time here, or they become donors
for other vehicles.

AK Schnozz