Re: [OM] Ear Thingies - Seriously Off Topic

Subject: Re: [OM] Ear Thingies - Seriously Off Topic
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 09:03:30 -0800
> I read this with some interest.  My main use for ear-thingies is to reduce
> the boredom when I am 30-40 minutes on a treadmill in a public location.
> They also signal to the curious or loquacious: "Don't bother me."

Joel, I would recommend that you try out the Bose SoundSport Free
Wireless Headphones. The only thing they lack is Active Noise
Cancellation, but they actually do a very good job of blocking
surrounding noise as they physically block the ear canal. They are
quite comfortable and they sound exceptionally well. I've heard that
they are a little better with the microphone than the QC30, but are
not as good as the Jabras. My continuing research is showing that the
Jabras really have that down better than pretty much everybody else.

The big problem with in-ears and running/walking is that we tend to
get a thump in our ears with every step. ANY hanging cords only makes
it worse. However, I found that the Bose QC30, which uses the same
rubber ear piece as the SoundSports, is really good at minimizing the
effect.

Just say "No" to LG. There are plenty of things that company does
well. Ear-thingies is not one of them.

AG Ears