Re: [OM] Michelin Man I Am

Subject: Re: [OM] Michelin Man I Am
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 09:09:53 -0800
> I was up to my neck in the OM film stuff for many years. I never once saw
> this! But when it's so cold this is needed, I'm indoors.

Up here in Alaska, that's when it really starts to get photogenic.

Warm (relative) and rainy today. But we live in the Banana Belt. The
bears are supposed to be settled in by now, but the denning is running
a week late this year so there are still a few around. Our toy poodle
chased one away from our house several nights ago. It was about fifty
feet away and on the other side of our lane. It was too dark for me to
identify which type, but it was probably a brown, as we get the browns
on our end of town (SE corner), while the black bears tend to hang out
over by the high school (SW corner).

The moose continues to come through our yard every few nights. My
hillside is stripped clean of the clover and the hoofs have rototilled
the soil. Saves me the work of having to try and mow or maintain it.

I have mixed feelings about winter. I can live without the darkness.
The cold and dreary weather gets old after the seventh month, but the
snow and frost covered scenery is mind-boggling.

I've now exceeded 25,000 pictures in 2019!

AK Schnozz