Re: [OM] OT: Airplane Crash

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Airplane Crash
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 11:48:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I did manage to find a text-only news article.  It doesn't provide much in
the way of details, but it does say that the three occupants were rescued.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-breaking/2019/10/25/small-airplane-crashes-near-red-creek-airstrip-tonto-national-forest-yavapai-county/2454399001/

>     Very early this morning there was a news report of a light airplane
>crash to the north.  Two news helicopters went to the scene, where they
>found the remains of a Cessna 205 that apparently had crashed after
>takeoff from a fairly rough and narrow dirt strip near the Verde River.
>It was flipped over on it's back and the tail section was missing.  There
>were no people nearby.
>
>     There are no details to be found in the local news, and I don't think
>they've found anyone yet who was in the aircraft.  My guess is that it
>crashed after takeoff and everyone managed to walk away somehow.  Here's a
>news item that I found just now, but I cannot look at it on dialup:
>
>https://www.azfamily.com/news/people-saved-from-plane-crash-near-horseshoe-lake-in-tonto/article_037997d2-f736-11e9-a95e-2b0cf3baaefe.html
>
>     There are a number of marginal (at best) airstrips in the back country
>out here, including one (Ranch 51 on Lime Creek) where you have to fly under
>some high voltage transmission lines.  I have a feeling that most of these
>are used by drug runners.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson