Re: [OM] IMG: Florida to Canada, with One Stop for Lunch and Fuel

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Florida to Canada, with One Stop for Lunch and Fuel
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 11:49:14 +0000
That’s quite a friendly-looking paint scheme, Jim.  The one that visited RAF
Wyton in 2010 looked more menacing . . .

https://show.cbimages.uk/Airplanes/Flying/i-cfXQRjT/A
<https://show.cbimages.uk/Airplanes/Flying/i-cfXQRjT/A>

I know that I’ve mentioned it before; in fact I found my original post on the
subject, from 7 Feb 10:

> Subject: DZ 40-150 in action
> Date: 7 February 2010 16:40:27 GMT
> To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Well I received my DZ 40-150 in double-quick time and had a use for it
> yesterday.  I was on my own at work with 5 students to fly, but the weather
> was very difficult: clear skies but with fog only 5 miles away to the north
> and south, forecast to roll in.  Since the students had travelled a long way
> to fly I thought that I should at least have a go, but remain in sight of the
> airfield in case the weather deteriorated suddenly.  Well it did, and I had
> to zip back quickly from a few miles away and 4,000ft.  There was cloud
> already covering most of the airfield and I had to dart under the stratus at
> around 300ft.  As I did so, Tower told me that there was another aircraft
> diverting from Cambridge, a Pilatus PC12.  When it landed I thought that it
> might be a spy machine of some sort, not having heard of the registration
> before, nor having seen such a machine in the colour.  In addition, it had a
> pod on the starboard wing which I took to be some sort of ECM device.
>
> But it was just an exec jet carrying pax for a Danish company.  I took a
> couple of photos before I discovered that it wasn't on nefarious CIA
> business, then went a bit closer and talked to the pilot.

Chris