Re: [OM] Magic!

Subject: Re: [OM] Magic!
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 15:15:45 -0500
I don't order pizzas in restaurants because we have a wood-burning pizza
oven in our back yard!!  It has taken much experimentation but I've finally
found a recipe for pizza crust that gives me a thin, crunchy crust and I
can include anything I want on the toppings, usually from our garden.  I
make and can all of the pizza sauce, too.

I order stuff in restaurants that I can't get at home, like lobster ;-)

Tina

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:36 PM Philippe <photo.philippe.amard@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> WHAT, if I may ask, if your FOOD CARBON signature????
>
> As to pizzas, just travel the world a bit my friend, Italy is the place
> for it. The rest is yuk or porn, even at my place where my dear Laura from
> Italy bakes them better than ANYWHERE else in the WORLD!!!!.
>
> Come on Ken, be a good and sensible boy ;-)
>
> Amities
>
> Philippe
>

> > Le 6 nov. 2019 à 20:22, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> >
> > Alaska food is a little more eclectic:
> >
> > Moose, Caribou, Bear, Halibut, Cod, and Salmon pretty much round out
> > the native sources of protein and many menus revolve around them.
> >
> > But in Anchorage, you've got MAJOR CITY melting pot characteristics
> > and menu choices. You name it, we likely have it. We have no shortage
> > of options. Pretty much every ethnic choice is available.
> >
> > Best of all, we have grocery stores that stock stuff from everywhere
> > in the world. You can even buy butt holes if you want. Honestly, I've
> > never seen such ethnic diversity in any major city like I do in
> > Anchorage. This is also represented in restaurant choices too.
> >
> > Last night, I picked up another jar of roasted garlic/peppers that
> > comes from Japan. Very different/unusual, and available in only a
> > handful of places in all of the USA. And we have it here! A jar lasts
> > me only a month or two and that's because it's expensive, so I meter
> > it out carefully.
> >
> > Pizza. Now that's a subject!  Alaska has some of the best pizza
> > anywhere! Even the place that used to be "Little Caesars" makes good
> > pizza. (That's why it used to be, but is no longer).
> >
> > Funny thing about Alaska. Most people who grew up here consider
> > themselves Alaskan over American. Granted, it's only been a state for
> > a few decades, but culturally, we're a different country that uses
> > American currency. And I can almost see Russia from my house.
> >
> > AK Schnozz
> > --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com