Re: [OM] Another NR datapoint

Subject: Re: [OM] Another NR datapoint
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 13:55:47 -0900
The grain is probably a bit more problematic in this picture due to
the specific scanner involved. There are certain film and exposure
combinations which are quite the adventure. However, one thing I've
been able to do, which seems to help immensely, is to pretend that the
scan/scanner is a digital camera image. By doing a form of image
preprocessing to literally dumb it down to a 6MP DSLR equivalent, it
very much increases apparent sharpness and reduces the noise.

I say "noise", because this is less about film grain and more about
how the film grain interacts with the digitization process. The result
is grain-induced noise.

AG Schnozz