[OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:38:24 -0600
Without the ability to have one in hand, but based on everything I've read
and the feature set vs. the G95 , I believe I'm going to pull the trigger
on an E-M5 mk III as soon as they start showing up in the supply chain. I
have some unexpected toy money on the way in a week or so.

There is one point of frustration, though - they do offer an extended grip,
which I will definitely order (naturally, the one from the E-M5 mk I won't
fit), Olympus confirmed with me today that not only will my battery grip
not work with the MK III, but they also have no plans at all to release one
that will. Yes, I can swap batteries more frequently. But for me, it's more
of a balancing/vertical grip thing than just a second battery.

Maybe someone will come out with a 3rd-party one, at least a batteryless
grip. Before I got the official grip for the mk I, I had a 3-D printed one
that actually worked nicely and had a hole that allowed access to the
battery door, something the factory grip lacks. The E-M1 mk II is out of my
price range, especially with the extra grip.

At some point next year, I'll probably send the mk I in for a refurb so I
have a 2nd body/backup body.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Anchor, Amateur Radio Newsline

"The Fountain of Youth is a state of mind" -- The Ides of March, "Age
Before Beauty"