Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 11:48:17 -0800
> From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>>
>
> … not only will my battery grip
> not work with the MK III, but they also have no plans at all to release one
> that will… Before I got the official grip for the mk I, I had a 3-D printed
> one
> that actually worked nicely and had a hole that allowed access to the
> battery door, something the factory grip lacks

This is getting more and more accessible.

As a ham, I bet you have the skills needed to come up with a rudimentary
drawing. Some libraries now have public access to 3D printers. Or see if your
local high school does. You might even talk the teacher into having your grip
made as a student project.

Our wee island’s high school (~400 students) has three 3D printers, and the
school has a media arts club and a robotics club, either of which could
probably be talked into doing such a thing.

I’m about to pull the trigger on an SLA printer, and I’d offer to help, but I
don’t think this printer has enough build area for such a project -- max length
is just 140mm.

Jan