Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:17:40 -0800
On 11/18/2019 10:27 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I have my E-M1.2 "tuned" for longest battery life, and find I rarely need to
change batteries in the middle of something. I easily go 600 shots or more. I doubt I got
that many shots off a set of batteries in my film cameras!
I was curious what my shot limit is with the GX-85 on a single
battery. The answer is "it all depends". It depends on sleep time,
screen usage, lenses used, etc., etc.  On the low end, I've gotten
about 100 pictures. On the long end, about 600 pictures. And I've
gotten that spread without really any changes in settings.

I don't think I've hit either extreme, but I don't really know. I pay little attention. A battery dies, I replace it. The bag that goes in the car has several batteries in it. And two in my pocket. In our seven week trip, I had batteries in my pocket all the time.

Panny has done something interesting. As the GX series is second tier to the mighty "G" series, and about compactness, they haven't increased the battery size from the GX7, They were already smart, as batteries from both GX and GM series, although different thicknesses, both fit and charge properly in the same chargers.

With the newish ZS 100 & 200, 1" sensor cameras, they used the same battery as the GX series. Now, the latest in their 1/2.3" sensor travel superzooms, the ZS80, has switched to the same battery, resulting in a little increase in size/weight.

Thus, all four camera models I took on this trip took the same battery.  AWESOME!! Whether taking the serous kit or a P&S, the same batteries in my pocket were right. And I only needed one, two bay, fast charger.

Battery Nirvana Moose