Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:54:50 -0800
On 11/18/2019 1:37 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
I am hesitant to add to anything Moose writes on macro (for which I am as
always very grateful!) but there is one aspect of the m.Zuiko 60/2.8 which is
worth adding. It provides for focus stacking in-camera on OM-D EM-1 (X, i and
ii) and EM-5 (ii and I assume also iii). No need for PS.

I found the Oly in-camera Focus Stacking lacking. Eight slices just aren't enough for many subjects. And if anything moves, the resulting ghosts are not correctable, as the individual slices aren't available.

Focus Bracketing, OTOH, is excellent, and available with any µ4/3 AF lens

Slices of Moose