Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 14:54:39 -0900
> On B&H
> GX85 + 12-32mm + 45-150mm  $448

So, my being able to get this exact kit here in Alaska for $350 was
something like a good deal?

> What's your wife's email? I'll let her know how totally lacking you
> are with your sub-par equipment and the need to upgrade to proper
> camera gear. Still dealing with manual focus lenses from the 1990's,
> and ancient manual film cameras.

We're celebrating 25 years together on Friday. I think keeping her
email address away from you is probably a good thing if I want to make
it to 26.

> For starters, you don't have an a7iii nor a7riii nor S1R nor S1H nor...
> No decent video, no gimbal, no drones. For heavens sake, your are
> in Alaska with opportunities of a lifetime, getting older, life is short

I am keenly aware of this "opportunity of a lifetime". As well as my
getting older. Wiping out on icy steps several days ago was a nice
reminder that I need to literally watch my step. That calendar is
spinning a full-speed. Scary.

> Do you have that 20/1.7 yet? ... That's what I thought...
> This is food for one's artistic soul, lest is whither away.

The Panasonic 15mm F1.7 (Leica DG Summilux 15mm f/1.7 ASPH) is on my
very very short list of lenses to acquire. I really like that lens and
think that it would be about a perfect match to the DMC-GX85 which
gives it a fantastic Leica "M" handling characteristic.

We ARE budgeting for a new camera in 2020. The jury is definitely out
on whether it's a full-frame or a m43 camera. Meanwhile, a certain
OM-3Ti and OM-4T are getting workouts.

All told, I've taken almost 90,000 pictures since arriving in Alaska.

AK Schnozz