Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:51:04 -0900
Moose of the Batteries Wrote:
> Again, why? Just carry another battery. They are tiny, and weigh nothing.

There is a point of diminishing returns. The big advantage to the
GX-85 is the compactness and weight. While batteries are tiny and
weigh very little, I really dislike going for a 15 mile hike in the
mountains and having to carry a bunch of batteries around for a
camera. I like to travel light and every battery and doodad, no matter
how small, is just one more thing to carry, find a spot for, and keep
dry.

And on the opposite end of things, if I'm either photographing around
home or near the car, I'm usually using a tripod. Tripods and these
stupid bottom-feed cameras are for the birds when it comes time to
change a battery.

And every battery for this camera is $50, and that's JUST for one of my cameras.

It's fine if I'm going to be 100% dedicated to just the Panasonic
G-whatever bodies, but I can't even settle in on one battery for the
other Panasonic G-whatever bodies.

For crying out loud, of my three Panasonic lenses for this camera, all
three have different lens caps!!!!

AG Schnozz