[OM] Strong Weather

Subject: [OM] Strong Weather
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:45:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Wow!  Haven't seen anything like this for a while.  A severe thunderstorm
passed over me just to the north.  Heavy rain with 1/4" hail.

     I saw this storm approaching while I was at a book store five miles south.
 I headed home, and while looking over my shoulder I spotted a circular ragged
cloud with some rotation about six miles west.  It was the early stage of a
funnel cloud formation.  By the time I came to a parking lot where I had a
clear view, it had dissipated, but then another tried to form.  One of our TV
stations has a video of the same one that I saw while it was over southeast
Phoenix.

     The radar on the TV showed a line of strong wind in two distinct
directions right over me, but without any sign of rotation.  That's the closest
I've come to seeing a tornado since I lived in Abilene, TX in 1977.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson