Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:22:32 -0800
At 11/22/2019 11:18 AM, you wrote:
>> If I had multiple bodies that took different batteries, and a strict weight
>> budget, I would leave one of the bodies at home and carry extra batteries
>> for whatever else I was carrying.
>
>For me, this is probably more of a commitment issue than anything
>else. Having a stack of batteries means that I'm committed to that
>specific platform. Anything requiring more than two batteries is
>asking me to invest more in doodads than I am comfortable doing. It
>makes it harder to divest.
>
>Also, these batteries are fire hazards. I really dislike carrying more
>of these things around than I have to.

I'm with Ken...

I totally get the battery system commitment. Lion batteries age. They drop in
capacity over time and with recharges. It's not like a 2000mA battery stays
2000mA for very long. I try to date my batteries. And they age just sitting
around not being used. Needing to have 10 batteries around for a camera, one is
bound to be neglected. I'm doing good to remember to put one battery on the
charger for the next day, much less a handful.

I also admit to not getting other cameras because of the short battery life. I
cringe just thinking about carrying a pocket full of batteries for a camera.
Batteries are not my ideal item for an every day carry. My pocket knife does
not like batteries.

WayneS