Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mk III
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:06:05 -0800
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
(That's what she said) Moose wrote:
I did a comparison of my 300/4.5 on ?4/3 against more contemporary zooms...
Still, that beautiful old piece of brass and glass (un)clearly doesn't measure
up.
The OMZ 300/4.5 is the Jimi Hendrix (Purple Haze) of Zuikos.
I’m wondering if either of you has tried it with a quality focal reducer.

I know you love them. I can't find any use for them. If I want a 300 mm eq. OM lens, I'll put it on the FF Sony.* I tested it for what I would want it for, 600 mm eq. Fortunately, it didn't look very good, so I can proceed with my preferred AF lenses with EXIF. :-)

Your praise of them and occasions of GAS lead me to look at them. Then, I think about what and how I shoot, and realize they wold be of no use to me.

Unrepentant Focal Moose

* No, I haven't done that. But if the thick sensor stack screws it up, it might
work for what I use the A7 for. :-)