[OM] Capture One upgrade roulette

Subject: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 23:55:49 -0800
I'm still on Capture One version 10, which is now two versions behind.  I have the "perpetual license," not the subscription. I have not upgraded because the current version doesn't fully support my Leica M10-P. Most things work, but there is no color profile. The color profile for for the regular M10 doesn't work (wonky colors). I have been using the default Generic DNG profile, which works well enough, with a few inconveniences.

Phase One has announced that if I upgrade to the current version 12 for $169 now, I will get a free upgrade to the next version (20, as in year 2020) when it comes out.  I have no idea if this is a good deal or not, because:

1. I don't know if v. 20 will fully support the M10-P.   They're not telling. 2. I don't know if v. 20 will support the upcoming Olympus E-M5 III, which I'm considering. They're not telling. 3. I don't know what new features or requirements v. 20 will have. They're not telling. 4. I don't know if the cost of v. 20 will be more, less, or the same as the upgrade price now.
5. The ways of marketing are, well, you know...

Does anyone have a crystal ball or sufficient experience with how Phase One does things to make a reasonably educated guess?

Thanks!
--Peter