Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette

Subject: Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:15:18 -0800
On 12/15/2019 6:51 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Thanks Tina

I guess that is what I was looking for and perhaps mislead in what the lens
correction can do. The image I posted was lens corrected and made quite a
difference. I think I just had the wrong understanding.

Yup. Two different things. Lens Correction corrects only the distortion created
by the lens.

The leaning cacti are a result of having the camera tilted up, typically called perspective distortion. The wider the lens, the more it becomes important.

In DxO, it's under DXO Viewpoint/Perspective In LR, it's under Transform.

In DxO, it works like this.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/WayneS/CactusPerspective.htm>

LR is similar, click on "Guided" button under Transform.

The wider the lens, the more likely shooting level will avoid perspective distortion and often still capture all the needed height.

Straight Up Moose