Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200

Subject: Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 14:04:26 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 12/17/2019 6:20 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
>> You guessed wrong, Moose. I am talking of a 4/3 lens, not m4/3.
>
> Oops. I never bought into that system when it was current, and tend to forget
> it when thinking of lenses.

GOOD! More for the rest of us!

Although tending to be bigger and heavier than Micro Four Thirds lenses, the
oft-forgotten Olympus SHG line of 4/3rds lenses are among the best lenses ever
made.

The wonderful 35-100/2 was for over a decade, the fastest zoom available — with
performance rivalling prime lenses. The incredible 150/2 rivals the OM 250/2 as
one of the best lenses ever made. And the 50/2 macro, while slow to auto-focus,
rivals the legendary Leica Summicron 50/2, which costs $4,000+.

I managed to get all three of them for less than ONE pro-grade MFT lens!

Small, light lenses just need to be okay. Superb lenses that are big and heavy
are okay, too!

:::: Treat your friends as you do your pictures and place them in the best
light. -- Jennie Jerome Churchill
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Jennie+Jerome+Churchill> ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/>‌ ::::‌‌