Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette

Subject: Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 21:26:53 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
NO stars Moose writes:
<<<Sheesh! I told you what lens to use for that on µ4/3, PLeica 12/1.4. ;-)
Super sharp, minimal aberrations, good corners, in part because of minimal
linear distortion in the glass. Maybe the little Laowa 7.5/2 for UWA?

I paid attention, just not wide enough for the expected shot. I did not think
Marnie would take to the Laowa and the 7-14 was a good walk around WA zoom of
good quality.  I would consider buying the PL 12/1.4--only rented the 7-14.  I
don't think there exists an optimal superwide MFT lens for astro yet.
Stopping down a tad and stacking can work.  We had only a tiny 20 min window
before a cloud bank came over so would not have mattered much what we had. It
is clear not correcting linear distortion is important.  That leaves ACR,  LR,
out for some lenses for astro processing.

A few stars this weekend perhaps, Mike