Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200

Subject: Re: [OM] another one with the 12-200
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 12:11:27 -0800
On 12/19/2019 8:54 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Interesting links. The u43 sensor glass is quite thick. Slightly related, I
remember commenting in the past on the sensor glass thickness as also
accounting for a diminished effect of dust on the sensor of the Olys vs the
canons.

I assume that this glass does not move with IBIS? or does it?

It does. Think through the mechanics and optics, it has to. Even if for no other reason, that would provide a place for dust to get in close to the sensor, negating the whole dust removal system out front in the stack.

Experiential confirmation? I made the mistake of putting a manual super wide, the Oly Fisheye Lencap, on an E-M5, without remembering to check the IBIS FL setting for manual lenses. Suddenly, my camera was rattling in my hands, making horrible crashing noises. I quick turned it off, and swapped the lens onto the GX7 and took the shot.

When I had a moment, I turned my apparently sick E-M5 back on , and it was well. Soon, the light dawned. I checked the MF FL setting. It was set for a long lens. That noise I heard, and the camera rattling in my hand was the sensor assembly crashing against its stops.

Banging Around Moose