Re: [OM] OK, humor me, please

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, humor me, please
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 23:08:40 -0800
On 12/31/2019 5:34 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 12/30/2019 05:01 PM, Lighten Up Moose wrote:

I have a lot of great sky here in AZ, other than when it is just blue. I am
always trying to find the best composition. Here is one example of me trying to
pull up the shadows:

Raw: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qcBSFi2fG4mgLAXN8

Pedant's corner: That's not Raw, it's a JPEG. A Raw file doesn't become viewable until it's been converted. Different converters will default to different results.

I believe you may mean "ACR default conversion."?

ACR: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4S5iDBJCZNrw3FRx7

And this would then be "ACR Auto settings conversion."?

Not too much adjustment, ACR auto. Sorry I don't have cool mouse over web
skills yet.

Steal the HTML. It's simple.

What I'm am wondering is, have the clouds become more blue with the adjustment?

They have probably not become more blue, but is more visible when the shadows
are lightened.

Not sure how to adjust this properly. I don't have Kens high Color IQ.

Moose's (Secret) Rules for Outdoor Color.

1.You don't actually remember the color details. (Lots of books about memory
say so.)

2. Your camera didn't "see" the same colors you did.

3. If anyone else was there, there memory of color is faulty, too.

4. Therefore, you are more than justified in making it look like you think it looked, or, better, as you think it should look.
Soooo, if the clouds look too blue to you, they are too blue. There are, of course, several ways to treat that. Try CTRL-U, Blues, and use the Saturation slider to taste.

No Blues Moose